In the Automotive Industry, Volkswagen is the third largest in the world. It has 2 Automobile hubs in India located at Pune and Aurangabad. Our College have recently signed a MOU with Volkswagen for setting up a fully-fledged training cum service centre in the college campus which will further enhance the quality of Automobile Engineers graduating from our college. The company is planning to have the following training hubs in our college
- RTC (Regional Training Centre) -
This Centre would specialize in dealer training. The first RTC in India is established in Chandigarh and the second would be in Eastern India, at Dr. Sudhir Chandra Sur Degree Engineering College, Dum Dum, Kolkata. It will be covered over an area of 6000 sq. ft. with workshops, classrooms and other office areas.
- VG-TAP (Volkswagen Group- Technical Apprenticeship Programme)-
This program would include the regular practical training of the mechanical and automobile students from ITI and diploma backgrounds. It will be covered over an area of 2000 sq. ft. with workshops, classrooms and other office areas. Apart from this our Colleges are also making arrangements for students to undergo vocational training in some of the reputed automobile manufacturing plants, dealer workshops and dealer service centres such as Ashoke Leyland Chennai, Bosch FIP Regional Training Centre Kolkata, Indian Railways Diesel Locomotive Workshop Varanasi, Jessop & Co. Ltd, Mukesh Hyundai Service Centre and Auto Care Maruti Authorized Service Centre.
Prof. D. Paul ,HOD, Mechanical Engineering Department, Dr. Sudhir Chandra Sur Degree Engineering College organized the programme of Engineering Science Section of the Indian Science Congress 2013 at Jadavpur University Salt Lake Campus, Kolkata during 4th - 7th January 2013 as the President of Engineering Sciences Section. The symposium of the Engineering Sciences Section was held on the topic 'Technologies for Sustainable Energy and Development in climatic change regime in India'. The symposium was participated by about 100 delegates including the eminent Scientists and Academicians from the country and abroad. The learned speakers included Senior Professors from the Universities of USA, Canada, New Zealand, Canada, Bulgaria, Birmingham, vice chancellor of Jadavpur University, former Vice Chancellor of BPUT, Orissa and academicians and scientists of different national institutes of India.
- SAEINDIA Collegiate Club
This year, the students of the Automobile Engineering department, have formed SAE INDIA DSEC COLLEGIATE CLUB. Students from all engineering fields are already a part of this club.
SAE is an international organization for mobility engineering with fields including Automobile, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Computer Science. New students are most welcome to join this club. For more information you can visit www.saeindia.org.
- GSA or Google Student Ambassador program is organized by Google for the 1st time in India. GSA are the links between their campus or university and Google. They selected 123 GSA from all parts of INDIA , our student, "PRIYANKA BANERJEE" of Computer Science and Engineering Department (4th Year) was selected as 'Google student Ambassador' for the year 2012-2013.
- Following students have been awarded First Prize in the Science and Technology Exhibition organised by IEEE , Calcutta University Chapter.
- Sayantani Rakshit , Priyanka Das , Amrita Ghosh and Ankita Ghosh ( all 2nd Year ECE)
Their project was on Gas Activated Alarm System and the Exhibition was held at Institute of Radio Physics & Electronics , University of Calcutta , Rajabazar Campus on 9th September .
- Kalyanjit Das, student of 2nd Year , B.Tech in ECE , is one of the young talents in the field of "Indian Classical Music". In 2011 (July) was invited for a solo sitar recital at The Nehru Centre, London, UK. Along that he also performed at 'The Bharatiya Vidya Bhawan'. In 2007, he was invited to play in a mega event "SITAR FESTIVAL" at London. Other than London concert, he performed 5 other concerts at France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland & Belgium.
- Parthojwal Maity of Mechanical Engineering, 2nd Year, stood 1st in 'Fly Weight Category' of Taekwondo State Championship, and got a chance to participate in Taekwondo national Championship 2012.
- Second Year students, Sumit Das, Subhrojyoti Mukherjee and Pavel Sengupta of Mechanical Engineering students 3rd Indian Student Parliament was organized by the MIT-School of Government in Pune on 10th to 12th January 2013.The parliament was organized to inspire the students to join the Indian politics to utilize their creative thoughts to improve Indian politics. Many key speakers from different fields like Politics, Sports, Film Industry, Education and Auto mobile industry share their own views about politics.Honourable Noble Laureate and Founder of "Bangladesh Gramin Bank" Dr. Muhammad Yunus was present in 3rd Indian Student Parliament.
- Students from Automobile and Mechanical Engineering Departments attended an automotive sketching workshop was organised by 'DYPDC Center for Automotive Research & Studies'. Mr. Jagpreet Singh, Lecturer who had designed cars for companies like Ferrari and Mercedes was there to teach the basics of automotive sketching.
- Gaurab Bhowmick(6th Sem, 3rd Yr, ME) , Mohit Ojha(4th Sem, 2nd Yr,AUE) and Arijeet Bhadra(4th Sem, 2nd Yr, AUE) represented Dr. Sudhir Chandra Sur Degree Engineering College, JIS Group and West Bengal University of Technology at the conference on "Advances of Automotive Technology" at Coimbatore , organized by Karpagam College of Engineering under the collaboration of SAE(Society of Automobile Engineers), their technical papers on "Automated Speed Adaptation", "Mandatory Seat System", "Bio-sensors" and "Fuel Injection System" were selected for the said conference.