B Tech in Electrical Engineering
Vision statement of the department
To create an ethical human resource proficient, in domains related to Electrical Engineering, for a successful career in the service of society.
Mission statement of the department
- To impart quality education and training in Electrical Engineering with an overall background suitable for making a successful Engineer in industry and researcher higher education.
- To develop life-long learning skills that allows them to be adaptive and responsive to changes in society, technology and the environment, as well as career demands.
- To provide an accredited dynamic scholarly environment wherein students learn to develop communications and leadership abilities to blossom as a professional.
- To ensure that every graduate is aware of the roles and responsibilities of the professional engineer in society through exposure to ethics, equity, safety and health considerations.
- PO1. Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems related to automobile engineering.
- PO2. Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3. Design/Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4. Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions in automobile.
- PO5. Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6. The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess automobile based societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7. Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9. Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex automobile engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11. Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12. Lifelong Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO 1: Graduates will be able to solve real life problems of power system and power electronics using Power World, PSIM and MATLAB software tools and hardware.
- PSO 2: Able to provide socially acceptable technical solutions to complex electrical engineering problems with the application of modern and appropriate techniques for sustainable development.
Program Educational Objectives
- PEO1: Graduates will possess expertise in problem analysis, solving, designing, skills and necessary information for a successful career in the field of Electrical Engineering.
- PEO2: Graduates will accomplish practical acquaintance in modern designing tools, technologies and Engineering software in Electrical Engineering.
- PEO3: Graduates will be outstanding in communication, teamwork and multidisciplinary approach related to engineering issues in social context.
- PEO4: Graduates will excel in competitive environment towards leadership and life-long learning which is needed for a successful professional career.
In DSCSDEC we have all the B.Tech laboratory facilities as per MAKAUT syllabus. Existing laboratories are:
- Basic Electrical Engineering Laboratory
- Circuit Theory Laboratory
- Electrical Measurement Laboratory
- Electrical Machines Laboratory
- Power System Laboratory
- Power Electronics Laboratory
- Electric Drives Laboratory
- Internet of Things (IoT) Laboratory
They are equipped with the latest & modern state-of-art technologieslike Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) & Internet of Things (IoT) as per industrial standards. The department ensures that the students are well equipped with these technologies before they become a graduate. The laboratories are periodically reviewed & upgraded almost in every semester. Experiments are conducted beyond the MAKAUT curriculum so as to enrich the technical-knowhow of the students.
- Basic Electrical Engineering Laboratory
- Engineering Services
- Electric power generating installations
- Indian Railways
- Aerospace Manufacture Industry
- Automobile Industry
- Airports Authority of India
- Electricity transmission and distribution organizations
- Government Electrical Works Department
- Navigational equipment manufacturing industries
- Architecture and Construction Firms